To participate, read and accept the following. Your registration will act as your acceptance of all terms.
1. Organizers. The co-organizers of this event are Poteet Insurance Agency, LLC and WhirLocal, a division of Third River Marketing. (“Organizer”).
2. No Purchase Required. No purchase or payment of any kind is necessary to receive clues or win the prize. Purchase or Payment will not increase your chances of winning.
3. Acceptance of Rules. By participating in the Scavenger Hunt, you agree to be bound by all terms and conditions in this official rules and regulation (“Official Rules”). You must comply with all rules in order to win. All decisions by Organizer are final and binding. Furthermore, you must:
a. Follow all COVID-19 Rules and precautions. You must wear a mask and practice safe social distancing per state guidelines or business requirements.
b. Limit scavenger hunt to official hours.
c. Respect others' privacy, property, and person.
e. Location sponsors and property should be left undisturbed, in the same condition as before the search.
Any participant found to have violated these rules, in the Organizer's sole discretion, will be ineligible to win the prize.
4. Date of Event. The Promotion will be held on July 9, 2022. The Promotion will begin at 10:00 a.m. Pacific Standard Time (“PDT”) and end at 4 p.m. PST.
5. Eligibility. The Scavenger Hunt is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States who are at least eighteen (18) at the time of participating and who can provide proof of U.S. residency. Employees, officers, directors, agents, independent contractors, and advertising
and promotion agencies of Organizer and its parent companies, subsidiaries, and affiliates, and each of their immediate family members (spouse, parents, siblings, and children) and household members of such individuals are not eligible to participate. This Promotion is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Organizer reserves the right to disqualify any participant that Organizer determines, in its sole discretion, is ineligible to participate.
6. How to Participate. To participate, you must provide your mobile phone number and be able to receive texts. You will receive instructions via text on the morning of the event.
7. Grand Prize and Winner. There will be only one (1) Grand Prize of $1000. Participants will receive one (1) entry for the grand prize giveaway of $1000 for each fully completed adventure, and must meet all the other eligibility requirements, to be eligible to win and be entered into the Grand Prize drawing. The drawing is done by random name selection. If the selected winner is deemed ineligible, the Organizer will select another winner.
ALL APPLICABLE FEDERAL, STATE, AND LOCAL TAXES AND OTHER GOVERNMENT CHARGES ASSOCIATED WITH ACCEPTANCE AND USE OF THE PRIZE IS THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE WINNER. The ARV of the prize represents Organizer's good faith determination. That determination is final and binding and cannot be challenged or appealed. If the actual value of the prize turns out to be less than the stated ARV, the difference will not be awarded in cash or otherwise. Additional restrictions, conditions, and limitations may apply. Organizer will coordinate prize pick-up or delivery with the winner directly.
8. Odds of Winning. The odds of winning the prize depend on the number of eligible individuals who participate in the Promotion.
9. Publicity Release. The potential winner may be asked to sign a publicity release and affidavit of eligibility before awarding of the prize. Requiring the potential winner to sign such documents, however, in no way limits these Official Rules or the releases contained herein. The winner may be announced on Organizer's websites, social media sites, and/or in other marketing materials. Each participant acknowledges and agrees that if he or she is the winner, his or her personally identifying information may be disclosed to third parties, including on a winner’s list, as required by law.
10. Release. By participating, each participant assumes all liability for and all risk of any injury or damage caused or claimed to be caused by participation in this Promotion. Organizer expressly disclaims any and all responsibility and/or liability for death, injury, or loss to any person or property relating to participants’ participation in the Promotion and/or the delivery, possession, use, or misuse of the prize. By participating, each participant (i) agrees to release the Sponsor and each such entity’s respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, and advertising and promotion agencies, and each such company’s officers, directors, employees, agents, and independent contractors from any and all liability for any and all causes of action (however named or described), losses, damages, injuries, death, damage to or loss of personal property, costs and expenses (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) of any kind arising out of or relating to participant’s participation in this Promotion. The prize must be accepted as awarded, and the prize will be awarded “AS IS” and “AS AVAILABLE” with no guarantee, warranty, or representation, express or implied, in fact or in law.
11. General. Organizer reserves the right to cancel, suspend, and/or modify this Promotion if fraud or technical failures or any other factor beyond their reasonable control compromise the integrity of the Promotion, as determined by the aforementioned in their sole discretion. Organizer reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who Organizer finds to be tampering with the operation of the Promotion or to be acting in violation of the Official Rules of this Promotion or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Organizer failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of such term on another occasion or any other term. Unless required by law, Organizer is not required to review or respond to any correspondence received from a participant.
12. Questions. These Official Rules are on file with the Organizer at its office at:
4831 River Rd N, Keizer, OR 97303
13. Venue and Law. This Waiver and Release of Liability shall be governed by the laws of the State of Oregon, and each party consents to jurisdiction by the state and federal courts sitting in the State of Oregon.
14. Privacy. All of your information will be kept private and confidential and only be made available to Organizers. It will not be shared, sold, or given away to any 3rd parties.
By registering, you hereby acknowledge and represent:
1. That you have full knowledge of the risks involved in the activities contemplated;
2. That you are physically fit and sufficiently trained to participate in the activities contemplated;
3. That, to the best of your knowledge, you do not have any health conditions that would make it inadvisable for you to participate in the activities contemplated;
4. That you agree to abide by any instructions, rules, and/or regulations established by Organizer with respect to acceptable conduct on their premises or any of the location sponsor premises;
5. That you are over the age of eighteen (18) and of sound mind; and
6. That you authorize necessary emergency treatment, if required, in the sole and absolute discretion of Organizer.
You, having read this Waiver and Release of Liability and understanding all of its terms, hereby execute it voluntarily and with full knowledge of its significance.
Copyright 2022 WhirLocal, a division of Third River Marketing All Rights Reserved